Here in this article, we are going to discuss how you can Auto Delete YouTube History after watching/browsing it for a long time in your Android smartphone.
So far in 2019, we have seen tech organizations in Silicon Valley pushing significant privacy updates to their services. In the wake of giving users the choice to auto-delete Web and App Activity and Location History, and Google Assistant accounts, Google is including another security centered element for YouTube.
Steps to Auto Delete YouTube History
- On your Android device, open Settings from your app drawer.
- Scroll down and tap Google.
- Now tap on Google Account. Opening it for the first time will give you a welcome message. Tap on “Get Started” to continue.
- In the Google Account settings, tap Manage your data & personalization. Google Account Settings
- Tap on Youtube History in the Activity controls section. Here, tap on Manage Activity. You will be redirected to Google’s My Activity page.
- On the YouTube History page, you will see an option ‘Keeping activity until you delete it manually’. After that, tap on the link below that says, ‘Choose to delete automatically’.
- You get three options to choose from: Keep until I delete manually (Selected by default), Keep for 18 months, Keep for 3 months. Select the option of your choice, tap Next and then Confirm.
If you are on PC, then go to Google’s YouTube History page or directly click here. You can follow the same steps as mentioned above to set up Auto Delete YouTube History on Android.
Pause Watch History & Delete it Manually
- If you want Google not to monitor your watch history, you can also do that.
- Go to the YouTube History page and click on Change setting.
- Now you will see two checkboxes for two options: “Include the Youtube videos you watch” and “Include your searches on YouTube”. You can uncheck them to pause the data collection.
- To delete your entire watch history manually, click on the three-dot icon on the right of the top search bar.
- From the drop-down menu, select Delete activity by.
- A dialog box will pop up with the options to delete your last hour, last day, all-time activity.
- Click on the Custom range to delete activities between a specific time.
- You also get the option to set up automatic deletions here.
You would now be able to set your account to automatically delete your watch history on Youtube. This is an extraordinary feature particularly in the event that you need to keep your watching habits hidden from your family members.