WhatsApp is currently the most famous Instant Messaging app. Every second smartphone user uses WhatsApp either for work or entertainment. And dark mode is quite common these days, WhatsApp has already rolled out Dark Mode in Android and iOS but not in WhatsApp Desktop and WhatsApp Web. Follow this article to Enable Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web right now without the official rollout.
Do you use the WhatsApp Desktop app more than WhatsApp Web? Then the following article will help you to enable dark mode on WhatsApp Desktop.
Let’s get started for enabling the dark mode on WhatsApp Web. This isn’t an official rollout, but the method we are following to Enable Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web is very legit and from that method, we can assure you that WhatsApp is almost done for the Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web. We are changing the web class of the website to invert it to dark. Follow the below guide carefully to Enable Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web.
Steps to Enable Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web
- Go to web.whatsapp.com and do the initials to login into your WhatsApp account.
- Right-click anywhere outside the messaging window and select the ‘Inspect Element’ option to see the website code pop-up on your screen.
- Now Search for the following string. We are going to the string to Enable Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web.
- Double click on “web” to start editing the code, change the text to “web dark”. And press Enter.
<body class="web dark">
- That was it, you have successfully enabled the dark mode on WhatsApp Web before the official rollout.
This is how you can Enable Dark Mode on WhatsApp Web right now before the official rollout. There is one more thing that is necessary to note. This is a temporary method to enable dark mode on WhatsApp Web, whenever you refresh the window, the dark mode will be reverted to the old light mode. You will need to follow the above steps once again to enable it. It’s only a quick workaround to getting the dark theme on WhatsApp Web before it is officially rolled out in the coming weeks.