OTA Software Update Failed Error on iPhone 12? Don’t worry, you are not the first one to face this issue. The issue is very common and faced by every 4th iPhone user. In this article, we are going to mention and discuss every method that can fix the OTA Software Update Failed Error on iPhone 12.
With timely updates for its OS, Apple has been within the highest position because of its iOS leaving Android. But most of the time, while updating the iOS to the most recent version, users face a drag and see a message stating iPhone software update failed an error occurred downloading iOS. Well, there might be many possibilities behind the “A software update is required to connect to your iOS device” issue. A variety of them might be a weak internet connection, incompatibility of the device, software glitches, and much more. Today we’ll take you out of this dilemma by offering possible solutions to this problem.
Fix OTA Software Update Failed Error on iPhone 12
Restart your iPhone
Restarting/rebooting is the ultimate solution for many of the problems. A normal user does it quite often. And even it is technically right too, on restarting, the system terminates all the on-going processes, and it gives a fresh start to the system.
Although most of you already know how to restart/reboot your iPhone 12, nevertheless we are writing down the right method to do so, in case you have any doubts and confusion:
- Press and hold the side button and volume down button simultaneously.
- You can release the buttons when you see a ‘Slide to Power off’ bar.
- Now, slide the bar to turn off your iPhone.
- Now, wait for a few moments and then finally press the side button to power it up.
Reconnect Mobile Data or Wi-Fi/ Toggle Airplane Mode
You can also use the Airplane mode on your iPhone 12 lineup devices in order to fix any minor Bluetooth issue.
- Touch and swipe down anywhere from the home screen.
- Now, tap on the Airplane logo until it turns blue.
- Now, wait for a few moments.
- Finally, again follow the above steps to turn Airplane OFF.
Forget Wi-Fi Network/Password
- Open the Settings app from the home screen.
- Then Navigate to Wi-Fi.
- Now, turn it ON, if it isn’t already.
- Now, you will the list of all previously connected Wifi networks.
- Tap on the “i” icon to get details.
- Next, tap on the Forget this network option.
- If prompted, tap on the Forget network again to confirm.
Reset All Settings to fix Software Update failed on iPhone 12
- Open the Settings app from the app drawer.
- Then navigate to General settings.
- Now, scroll down till the end and select the Reset option.
- The reset window will be opened, now, tap in the settings that says ‘Erase All Content and Settings’.
- Then you will be prompted to enter your passcode.
- Finally, follow the on-screen prompts to complete the factory reset process.
Install iOS Update via iTunes or Finder App
- Open iTunes on your PC/Mac.
- Now, connect your iPhone 12 to the PC/Mac.
- After successful connection, tap on the iPhone icon.
- When you are under Settings Summary, you will see the Check for Update button under device details.
- Then, click on that button to check for any pending updates.
- If the new update is available, click on Download and Update.
- Now, follow the on-screen instructions to update it.
Visit Apple Care
If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Apple Store or Service Center so a qualified technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
That was it, you have successfully learned how to Fix OTA Software Update Failed Error on iPhone 12. If you are facing any other kind of issues or you need another guide, then make sure to check our dedicated Apple iPhone 12 Troubleshooting Guide, we have covered quite a few numbers of tutorials and troubleshooting guides.
We hope you liked the article and found it useful. Feel free to send it to your loved ones if they need it. If you have any more queries, please comment it down below, we would be more than happy to help you out.