This article will provide a simple method to mirror your PC on any wireless external device using Miracast. Follow this article to easily set up Miracast in Windows 10.
What is Miracast?
This is a wireless display standard designed or mirroring a smartphone, tablet, or PC’s screen to a television without requiring any physical HDMI cables. It includes Windows 8.1, Android 4.2, and newer versions of these operating systems.
Miracast now allows sending up to 1080p HD video (H.264 codec) and 5.1 surround sound.
First, check whether your PC supports Miracast or not
Most of the Windows 10 PC support Miracast. If your system has Windows 7 then we suggest you upgrade to Windows 10 so that you can use this
- Click on START and open the Run command.
- Type dxdiag and enter.
- Click on the Save All Information button and save it as a text file.
- Then search for Miracast in the text file.
How to Set Up Miracast in Windows 10
The process of setting this up is very simple. First, you need to check that both devices need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Click Windows Key+I and open settings.
- Select Devices from settings.
- Then select a device and click on the dock or wireless display.
Then you can’t connect your PC wireless from any of the devices.