Nowadays, a lot of people do screen recording, or screen-casting, if you are a gamer, programmer, or a you-tuber and you need to cast your screen activity with the people, suppose you are providing online tutorials for programming with any language and you wish to show step by step process to your viewers, and this is not possible without an efficient and high-quality screen recording tool. So, here we are with the top 5 best windows screen recorders, to make your work easy.
Now, most of us are confused about how to choose best, because there is numerous screen recording software available in the market for the Windows operating system, but how you would get to know that which software has better compatibility with your system, and which software is suitable for your use, So my friend doesn’t get confused, read this article until the end, here we have listed top 5 best windows screen recorder, hope you will find one according to your needs.
Top 5 Best Windows Screen Recorder
After researching a lot and examining on my device, finally, I can conclude the top 5 best screen recorder software for the Windows operating system, which are as follows:
OBS (Open Broadcaster Software), is a free and open-source screen video recording, live streaming. OBS is a screen video and audio recorder embedded with some more interesting features. OBS offers various kind of filters and have multiple themes to make the video more fascinating.
- This software facilitates screen recording, not only on Windows but also on MAC, Linux operating system.
- Have the capability to support HD recording and streaming.
- You can record the whole screen or just a part of the screen.
- OBS software is completely free and open source.
- Exported videos are free from watermarks
- Setup takes more time than usual.
- Might be malfunction sometime because of open source
- No video Editor and lack in some advanced editing features.
Camtasia Screen Recorder
Camtasia is a complete software suite designed and distributed by Tech Smith; this is one of the best software it has various features other than screen recording. Camtasia is the most popular screen recording and video editing tool for Windows PC.
- Camtasia comes with a bunch of amazing features like annotations, transitions, animations, and many more.
- Camtasia offers a very much interactive User Interface.
- It is easy to use software and everyone gets comfortable with the UI in first or second use.
- Camtasia holds so many advanced video editing features.
- Camtasia is a paid software, and you need to pay some price to use it.
- You will have to use Camtasia Video Editor to import the recorded video.
Icecream Screen Recorder
Icecream is another impressive screen recording software, it is an easy to use free screen recorder that enables you to record any portion of your screen you can record games, video tutorials, webinars, and even skype calls by using Icecream screen recorder.
- You can record Webcam videos along with the screen recording.
- Easy to Use UI.
- You can set up the area of the screen you want to record.
- The most attractive feature of Icecream recorder is that you can zoom into the screen while recording.
- Only 10 minutes of recording is allowed for the free version.
- WebM is the only supported video format for the free version.
CamStudio is another excellent and lightweight screen recording software among the top 5 best windows screen recorders. It offers great quality video recording features; it helps in making videos in AVI format which can be converted into SWF. CamStudio helps in adding anti-aliased captions into the video, so it means that the letter will not have zig-zag edges.
- Have the capability to make a screen-in-screen video file.
- It comes with codec which helps in generating high-quality video with the compressed size.
- CamStudio has an inbuilt user-assistance feature which makes it User-friendly, and easy to use.
- Sometimes, the software seems to have bugs.
- It doesn’t contain so many advanced video editing features.
- Many times, recorded files fall out of sync.
Here we come to the fifth and last screen recorder but not the least. Bandicam is another powerful and amazing screen recorder, with various audio and video recording features. Using Bandicam you can record flash games, streaming videos, video tutorials, etc with a high-quality astonishing finish.
- You can add your logo to the video.
- Live drawing and real-time video recording features are available.
- It helps in adding animations and amazing effects while recording the video.
- Capable to save the video file in AVI and mp4 format.
- In the free version, you can’t remove the watermark from the video.
- Lacks some built-in editing tools.
[Bonus]Windows Game Bar
Windows Game bar is a built-in video editor tool for the Windows 10 users. Windows game bar simply can be opened by pressing Win+G, and a menu will be opened with a screen recorder, camera recorder, audio recorder, and many more features.
- Saves videos in HD format.
- Capable of recording voice from microphone, system and mouse sounds.
- It does not have any Built-in video/audio-editor, you need to install external software for that.
- It does not record System applications like a file explorer, it only records, games, programs, or web browser.
Here, we have mentioned all the best 5 screen recording tools, after experiencing each of them. I hope now you can easily choose for best screen recorder software for your Windows PC, according to your choice, preference and desired need, above mentioned software’s, are the top 5 best windows screen recorder of 2020.